I was invited by Justine of The Two Cent Chick to answer a few questions she came up with. Although I’m not really sure what this ‘award’ is about, I thought it would be fun to answer her questions and ask some of my own.
The Rules are…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer ten questions.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people
The ten questions:
1. What three pieces of clothing define your style? Jeans. Jeans, and more jeans? Honestly, right now I would have to say a loose fit t-shirt, skinny jeans and flipflops (summer) boots (fall/winter) That’s usually my go to outfit. Nothing exciting to see here…
2. What TV show can’t you get enough of? I have to admit I have a few guilty pleasures. My favorite shows at the moment are Pretty Little Liars, Orange is the New Black, True Detective, The Walking Dead and I can’t pass up an episode of Law & Order SVU if it’s on tv….
3. Which song will make you smile no matter what? Bright Eyes – First Day of My Life (but really any Bright Eyes song).
Conor Oberst is the only artist I’ve ever felt changed my life. Maybe it’s because the music is so private and personal for me. Most people haven’t heard of him and you usually wouldn’t hear him on the radio. Some of the most serendipitous moments in my life happened because his songs would come on in the least expected of times. One specific moment comes to mind, it happened last February on my vacation to Spain. It was a rainy Sunday afternoon and everything was closed (we didn’t realize it was a Siesta for most people) the one open business was our refuge – a quaint restaurant owned by a lovely Danish man and his wife. Anyway, Sean and I had left to go for a quick walk and when we stepped back in through the doors Landlocked Blues was playing. It took me a moment to take in the situation. Hearing the song was no surprise ( I listen to Bright Eyes almost every day) but after realizing where the music was coming from – I was unbelievably happy. The owner was in the kitchen cooking and when he saw my reaction, he gave me a quick wink and nodded. I assumed Sean had put him up to it but really the guy had no idea what was going on. Turned out he had YouTube playing on his laptop and the song was just randomly chosen on a playlist. No matter the reason, it was a moment I won’t soon forget. The owner continued to play Bright Eyes for me for the rest of our stay. There are moments where I will randomly hear his music and it just brings me overwhelming joy- acting as a reminder to smile and enjoy the little things.
4. Most embarrassing moment?! Hmm. I am actually happy to say nothing specific comes to mind. Or maybe I’ve just suppressed the memories. The only thing I can think of happened my first day at a new school. I started a new highschool half way through the ninth grade. It was January and icy, I was wearing a kilt. My first class was in a portable and I guess the steps hadn’t been de-iced as of yet. I walk up to the doorway facing all my new classmates and my foot slips. I completely wipe out. I fall on my butt and my kilt lifts up for all the world to see. I had a sore butt and a sore ego for a little while after that.
5. One beauty item you cannot imagine life without? I’m not a big makeup girl but I feel like I look washed out without eyeliner. Never leave home without it.
6. Book that you’d recommend to anyone? Wuthering Heights. I don’t know what it is about it. It just left such an intense impression on me. It made me reconsider my idea of romance. I now believe that romance is tragedy. If ain’t tragic – it ain’t romantic. On a lighter note, I thoroughly enjoyed all of Marian Keyes books!
7. What’s something you achieved on/because of your blog that you never thought was possible? Commitment. I’ve never stuck with a project before. This is the first time I’ve worked on something this long term. (Other than my current relationship :) )
8. What blogger(s) would you love to meet in real life? All my TST gals! I say we do a get together…in Hawaii? But really. I don’t follow any big bloggers so to speak so anyone that I think would make a cool friend and thrifting/photoshoot buddy.
9. Favorite fall fashion item? Leather boots. They instantly make any outfit.
10. Who’s your celebrity style crush? Currently, Shay Mitchell. May just be because I’m obsessed with PLL..but she’s smoking hot and always looks effortlessly beautiful.
Look What I Made
Pauper To Princess
Nuttier Than Nutella
The rest of the ladies I wanted to nominate are TST girls who were already nominated by Justine – maybe you guys could answer both our questions -hmm?
1. What were the last three things you watched on Netflix. (If you don’t have Netflix- what was the last thing you streamed?)
2. Is there something you once disliked about yourself that you now embrace?
3. If you were a celebrity in a past life – who do you think you’d be?
4. What’s the strangest (or most useless) talent you have?
5. If you had your own fashion line – what would it be called?
6. How long (on average) does it take you to get ready in the morning?
7. If there was one thing you could tell the 17 year old you – what would it be?
8. What is your pet peeve?
9. Name a time that you did something completely out of your comfort zone.
10. What is a blog goal you hope to reach?
P.S. (As if this post wasn’t long enough) -Looking over these questions made me reminisce about Hotmail chain letters circa 2002. Remember the ones? Where you had to answer 100 questions about the person that sent it to you and then forward it to all your friends? It was all really a ruse to see what your crush thought of you.
P.P.S. I may have just spent the last 20 minutes looking through my emails from 10 years ago. I’m in a permanent state of cringe.
Also, I found this gem just now, friends and I ‘at the mall’ 11 years ago.
P.P.P.S Isn’t crazy that email has been around for over 10 years?
P.P.P…okay I’ll stop.